SRAM PCMCIA cards supported?

Andreas Kohn andreas.kohn at gmx.net
Tue Jul 29 10:15:48 PDT 2003

Hello,

For trial purposes I bought a 1MB SRAM card. This is printed on the
card:
|---------------|
|Melcard        |
|---------------|
|Mitsubishi     |
|1MB            |
|SRAM CARD      |
|MF31M1-LCDAT01 |
|---------------|

This is a 16bit PCMCIA card, and supported by Windows XP without any
special drivers. FreeBSD -CURRENT (yesterday) says when inserting:
---
cbb0: card inserted: event=0x00000000, state=30000411
pccard0: chip_socket_enable
cbb_pcic_socket_enable:
cbb0: cbb_power: 5V
pccard0: read_cis
cis mem map db92c000
pccard0: CIS tuple chain:
CISTPL_END
 ff
cis mem map db92c000
CISTPL_LINKTARGET expected, code 41 observed
pccard0: check_cis_quirks
pccard0: Card has no functions!
cbb0: PC Card card activation failed
--------

Should this card work, or (more likely): Do I need to do more than
simply inserting it into the PCMCIA slot?

The PCMCIA slot is recognized as
---
cbb0: <O2Micro OZ6812/6872 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 3.0 on pci0
cbb0: PCI Memory allocated: 88000000
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
---