new prism firmware (1.7.4) breaks hostap mode...

Lars Eggert larse at ISI.EDU
Wed Jul 9 11:37:36 PDT 2003

Ben Pfountz wrote:

> I have a prism based card (from netgate) running in hostap mode.  I have
> been using firmware 1.5.6, everything worked great.  I heard that the new
> firmware supports disabling the public SSID broadcast similar to what the
> linksys and d-link AP's can do.  I installed version 1.7.4 (on clients and
> server) and the clients can no longer associate with the server.  The
> clients can still associate to other AP's.

FWIW, I see the exact same thing with 1.7.4. It looks like the AP comes
up, but then goes down when a client tries to associate. Reverting to
1.4.9 works around the issue. This is with a patched -STABLE from spring
2003.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse at isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute