Dell Inspiron 8200 & ACPI-0293 [was Re: Dell 4150 & ACPI-0293: *** Warning: Buffer created with zero length in AML]

Vincent Poy vince at oahu.WURLDLINK.NET
Mon Jul 7 04:34:12 PDT 2003

Hello everyone:

	I guess by now, we all know that to close the lid without
suspending is to sysctl hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=NONE but the other
question is, is there a workaround in rebooting the machine with
shutdown -r now so that the machine reboots instead of turning off when
the lid is closed?  Thanks.

Cheers,
Vince - vince at WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1 at IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin