Centrino wireless support

Dan Pelleg daniel+bsd at pelleg.org
Sat Jul 5 03:03:48 PDT 2003

"Kevin Oberman" <oberman at es.net> writes:

> Arun,
>
> I suspect that the T40 uses a Symbol (or maybe Broadcom) based WiFi
> card and neither is supported at this time due, primarily, to the lack
> of documentation on the card.
>
> You can plug most nay min-PCI card in its place, Last I looked, the
> T40 was available with a Cisco card as well as the standard card. The
> Cisco card is supported by FreeBSD. So are other mini-PCIs which are
> based on the Prism 2.5 chip.
> --

There is evidence that only *some* mini PCI cards will work with the
T40. This is due to a limitation of the BIOS, not availability of
drivers. Follow the links under "other wireless options" at:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~andrewb/x31.html

I am linking the whole page because it contains some information and lots
of speculation regarding the centrino wireless non-Windows support issue.

--

  Dan Pelleg