Toshiba Wireless Lan Card problem

Bruce Mackay brucem128 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 31 20:17:11 PDT 2003

    Hey all,  I was wondering if some kind soul could help me get my
Wireless net connection working.  I am currently  running FreeBSD 4.8
and whenever I try to start up my wi0 I keep getting "wi0: watchdog
timeout" messages.  Now I've searched around a bit and I've tried the
following.

    I set hw.pcic.intr_path="1" in my loader.conf.  I've tried setting
my card to different irq's (set pccardd_flags="-I- i 9" in rc.conf, 9
seemed to be the only other free irq) but to no avail so it's back to
being assigned to irq 3.  When I grep through my dmesg,  nothing else
seems to be using irq 3 either,  so I think that is ok. I use the
following "ifconfig wi0 ssid my_net wep wepkey my_key inet 192.168.1.110
netmask 255.255.255.0".  I try running "route add default 192.168.1.1",
which seems to do very little.  Anyone have any ideas what I'm missing?

    Also I tried connecting to my router through fxp0.  I can ping
192.168.1.1 just fine but if I try to ping, say, yahoo.com I get a
hostname lookup failure.  This is my first time using FreeBSD so perhaps
I've not configured my network properly?  I don't know just throwing
that out there.

    Thanks in advance,
       Bruce