ThinkPad X31 install problem

freebsd-mobile at benedikt-stockebrand.de freebsd-mobile at benedikt-stockebrand.de
Thu Aug 28 04:29:48 PDT 2003

Anders Andersson <anders at andersa.net> writes:

> This time I got to the sysinstall screens but it hangs during disksetup
> (where one partitions the disks).
>
> I managed to get 4.8 installed on it but thats not what fits my needs.
>
> Hints?
>
> ACPI, ACPI-disabled (booting from a -CURRENT ISO snap) doesnt seem to
> matter much.

That could be a problem with sysinstall, which may happen with obscure
hardware (which includes virtually all notebooks).  Consider doing the
whole thing "manually", i.e. with a fixit disk and running fdisk
instead.

While this is not exactly a "clean" solution it might get you going
and localize the problem further.

Cheers,

    Ben

--
Dipl. Inform.                  Tel.:  +49 (0) 6151 - 971 823
Benedikt Stockebrand	       Mobil: +49 (0) 177 - 41 73 985
Am Karlshof 1a		       Mail:  me at benedikt-stockebrand.de
D-64287 Darmstadt	       WWW:   http://www.benedikt-stockebrand.de