Script to automatically configure a wireless card based on ssid

Doug Barton DougB at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 26 16:09:44 PDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <20030426150924.H13476 at znfgre.qbhto.arg>
>             Doug Barton <DougB at freebsd.org> writes:
> : > Also, once associated, the card won't report other cards...
> :
> : I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this. Even when I saw the WLAN ssid, if
> : I subsequently did 'ifconfig wi0 wepmode mixed' then it saw my actual AP,
> : correct ssid, etc.
>
> wicontrol -l, when wi0 is associated, only lists the ap you are
> associated with.  Netstumbler, when you are assocaited, listens on
> only one channel...

Ok, gotcha. I was running netstumbler both with, and without my AP
running. Actually, I started running netstumbler before I even got my AP
working. :) But I'll be sure to run through another series of tests if I
see this mysterious WLAN thing again, thanks.

Doug