Script to automatically configure a wireless card based on ssid

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Apr 24 18:50:21 PDT 2003

In message: <XFMail.20030424110538.jhb at FreeBSD.org>
            John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> writes:
: >         status: associated
: >         ssid WLAN 1:WLAN
: >         stationname "FreeBSD WaveLAN/IEEE node"
: >         channel 11 authmode OPEN powersavemode CAM powersavesleep 100
: >         wepmode OFF weptxkey 1
:
: Well, it claims to be associated, which is odd.  I don't actually check
: the ssid except for matching up wepkeys.  Instead, I check the status
: which is 'associated' in this case.  If there really isn't an AP, then that's
: a bug that should be addressed.

We don't use WLAN internally for anything.  So there MUST be a WLAN
around that you don't know about...

Warner