netgear ma311 failures (wi0 driver)

Mike Jackson mjj at isorauta.ntc.nokia.com
Mon Apr 21 10:20:29 PDT 2003

ext Doug Barton (DougB at freebsd.org) wrote:

> You should see something like this either in /var/run/dmesg.boot, or
> possibly in /var/log/messages:
>
> wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.01.01, Station 1.05.06

Hi,
 Ok, I see it now.

wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.00.07, Station 1.03.06

 Now I'm going to have to hope and pray that I can find a windoze box to
updrade this ma311 with. I haven't had one at home in more than 4 years
now, except for the laptop that I get from work (which will work fine, I
suppose, for the ma401).

 WRT the ma311 locking up my fbsd box to hardware reset, somebody
mentioned that my running routed in quiet mode might somehow be causing
a buffer overflow in the card. It's not clear to me that upgrading
the firmware would solve this problem if it is indeed the case...

 Oh well, I don't need to run routed any longer so let's see if it
happens again before I get a chance to flash.

Thanks,
--
mike