Post-graphite ABS recommendations

Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine brunner at nic-naa.net
Sun Apr 20 15:27:30 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm going to heat up the soldering iron and attempt to replace the capacitors
in my Graphite (one enet, one dial) Apple Base Station, but I haven't smelled
rosin heated in anger since I was a teen.

Since Apple won't replace the range of serial numbers my ABS falls in, it
is likely I'll have to replace it. My card inventory is an Orinoco Silver,
and a Linksys WPC11, and the actual hosts are a battered but still ticking
Sony 505tx, and an IBM T30, running -STABLE, win98, and Debian 3.0. I used
the ABS plus wireless NIC to work where ever in my house my kids are fond
of that day (sometimes even my office).

So, recommendations please. Off-list is usually better than on, and I can
summarize to the curious-also-clueless.

Oh, the rest of my kit is -CURRENT, but all wire-line.

TiA,
Eric