netgear ma311 failures (wi0 driver)

Doug Barton DougB at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 19 15:07:55 PDT 2003

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, vizion communication wrote:

> Thanks for the contributions.
>
> Just checking and hoping someone will add to the
> information..

Yeah, we got that point when you sent the last e-mail 2 hours ago. You
should probably relax a bit.

> I need to purchase either a PCI card or (preferably) USB
> client device with reasonable confidence that it will work
> with freebsd 4.7. Any notes you feel able to give me about
> your own experience and advice on configuration would be
> appreciated.

The MA 311 should work in 4.7, yes. No idea about USB devices.

The firmware is actually the more important issue. Make sure that you can
flash the pci card in a windows box before installing it in your FreeBSD
box.

Of course, the "will it work in 4.7?" question is a bit moot, since you
can always just upgrade to 4.8.