Siemens s25 & birda

Anton Stamenov ais at epiq.com
Sat Apr 19 01:12:10 PDT 2003

hi,

I want to connect my Siemens s25 with my IBM thinkpad using IRDA. What I succeeded in:
1. built birda port
2. establish IR conection between my laptop(FreeBSD 4.8) and another one (win98).
3. establish IR connection between my laptop and motorola timeport gsm.

I use the following command to connect to motorola timeport

irs -d /dev/cuaa1 -e -y /dev/ptypa -c -m 9600 -v9

and it works fine, but with the siemens s25 I don't have this luck.
I don't get anything on irda device.

I read somewere that siemens s25 works only on 19200 B/s so i tried the following command also

irs -d /dev/cuaa1 -e -y /dev/ptypa -c -m 19200 -v9

doesn't work again
but also notice that my irda device /dev/cuaa1 doesn't switch to higher speed
maybe that is the problem

any help???

--
anton