netgear ma311 failures (wi0 driver)

Doug Barton DougB at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 19 00:10:32 PDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Mike Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>  I bought a new netgear ma311 about two weeks ago and set it up as an
> access point http://www.unixcircle.com/features/802.11b_freebsd.php on
> my 5.0-RELEASE box.

What firware revision are your cards? If you're using less than 1.4.9 on
the 311, you're likely to have problems. I posted recently on upgrading
both my 401 and 311 to 1.5.6, and I'm not having any problems with the 311
in a 4.8 box. Haven't had a chance to try -current on the server though.

HTH,

Doug