Inspiron 5000e - Suspend problems

Lars Duening lars at bearnip.com
Sun Apr 13 07:54:24 PDT 2003

Hello,

I am slowly installing FreeBSD 4.8 on my Inspiron 5000e laptop, and I have
run into two problems concerning the suspend mode.

1. While I have a hibernation partition on my harddrive (and
suspend-to-disk does work under Windows), the FreeBSD 'zzz' only suspends
to RAM. Could this be another limitation of the APM implementation in the
BIOS?

2. After I wake up the computer from its suspended mode, the pccardd
believes to receive a 'remove' event for my Lucent WaveLAN card. Physically
removing and re-inserting reactivates it, but I wonder if there's a
software way to achieve the same result.

Thanks,
  Lars
Lars Duening; lars at bearnip.com
GPG Key: http://www.bearnip.com/lars/lars-duening.gpgkey