X server, touchpad, mouse

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Apr 11 03:02:46 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 10:49:03PM -1000, Gary Dunn wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 11:59:37 +0200
> Christoph Kukulies <kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
> > When I run X (FreeBSD 5.0R, XFree86 4.?.?) and use the touchpad,
> > everything's fine. Do I plug in the mouse later, the cursor freezes
> > and the current session becomes unusable.

Unfortunately I couldn't get it working with either of the suggestions
that came up on this subject (to enable moused and add an entry
with /dev/sysmouse in XF86Config. In the latter case I 'm getting
an "init spawning too rapidly" indicating that X dies during startup.

 from dmesg:
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model 4D Mouse, device ID 6

Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies at rwth-aachen.de