[BCM4718] Broken interrupts

Michael Zhilin mizhka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:22:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to load FreeBSD kernel on Broadcom MIPS router (ASUS RT-N16).
Here is actual dmesg: http://pastebin.com/AtEz6kc9 . But my actual problem
is broken interrupts. After enabling of interrupts in
autoconf.c:configure_final the MipsException code is called, it works fine
(including INTRNG), but cpu doesn't return to main thread (suprise!).

I can see printf from clockintr, i.e. there are regular timer requests. But
there is no printf from main thread (autoconf.c) after enabling of
interrupts.

Also I've tried to simplify MipsException to avoid any issue with
saving/restoring registers:
    mfc0    k0, MIPS_COP_0_EXC_PC
    rfe
    jr    k0

but still there is no return to main thread.

I'm not familiar with JTAG and have no JTAG adapter for debugging. :( To be
honest, I've lost hope.

What could possibly be wrong? Here is github branch for reference:
https://github.com/Cka3o4Huk/freebsd/tree/user/mizhka/bcm471x

Thank you in advance,
 Michael