SOLVED: interrup storm (Re: arge1 on TL WDR3600)

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:53:53 UTC 2015

On 31 October 2015 at 03:41, Eugene Grosbein <eugen at grosbein.net> wrote:
> On 31.10.2015 07:11, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> can you svn update and retry?
>>
>> The latest changes I made to the mips74k support has routing up to
>> 330mbit and bridging up to 720mbit for me; up from 120mbit when I
>> started. I also hit your issue a couple of times before I fixed some
>> things and now it doesn't occur.
>>
>> Would you mind giving it a whirl and reporting back? You'll have to do
>> a clean kernel build as I went and changed some mips .h stuff.
>
> I've updated source tree to r290224 and no additional patches,
> did clean rebuild and repeated my test 3 times. No interrupt storms now,
> it works just fine. Average routing speed is slightly above 16MBytes/s
> and peak speed is 22,714 MB/s according to systat -ifstat.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> I will take some PMC tests as next step.

Yay! I'm so glad that I both figured out how to make this a heck of a
lot faster and fix your bugs at the same time.

Going from 120mbit to 720mbit in straight bridging tests is pretty amazing.

I'll go see what I can find out about the forwarding performance.
Hopefully there are some more low hanging fruit that I can address to
increase performance a bit.

-adrian