Possible octeon crypto offload kernel memory leak

Sean Hamilton seanhamilton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 01:04:39 UTC 2015

I'm running FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE r270425 on an ERL, and I've noticed
the wired memory has been steadily increasing.

vmstat -z | grep COP2
COP2 context:           384,      0,  777394,      36,  777400,   0,   0

That's around 300 MB, if I understand correctly, and seems to increase
with each fork. Is this a known issue? Or am I misunderstanding the
situation? I don't see anything obviously wrong in
src/mips/mips/vm_machdep.c. Thanks in advance.

--
Sean Hamilton <seanhamilton at gmail.com>