What's the default bootcmd in ERL?

Piotr Kubaj pkubaj at riseup.net
Sun Nov 8 01:36:11 UTC 2015

On 11/08/15 02:15, Sean Hamilton wrote:
> On 7 November 2015 at 16:59, Piotr Kubaj <pkubaj at riseup.net> wrote:
>> [...] Could you post the full default bootcmd?
>
> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/ERLITE-3_U-Boot should be
> relevant to your interests.

Thanks, although reading email from Alexander I'm not so sure now :(

On 11/08/15 02:15, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 01:59:16 +0100
> Piotr Kubaj <pkubaj at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > it turns out after some playing with EdgerRouter Lite that I need
>> > something better - the PoE model could be perfect. Thus, I can return
>> > it to shop, but I need to restore the default U-boot bootcmd to make
>> > it boot properly. I've saved it to oldbootcmd, but it turns out only
>> > a part of it was saved. Could you post the full default bootcmd?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
> Think again. POE model uses proprietary implementation of the switch
> chip that is not documented and defaults to passing no traffic, let
> alone letting anything but EdgeOS control it.
>
> -- Alexander Kabaev

Wow, you've just saved my life here :) If that is true, I would send
quite a money getting actually a worse router. I guess I could do with
ERL but I would prefer something with more Ethernet ports, embedded
switch would be handy but is not necessary. What router would you
recommend given such requirements? I want it to run FreeBSD or OpenBSD.
I need it for my home network (I also have a server in my basement), so
I don't want any of the rack routers for a cost of car. I'd also prefer
not to use a regular PC that makes a lot of noise. And it seems Soekris
routers are much more expensive and PC-Engines APU too limited :(