COMPILER_TYPE and installworld

O'Connor, Daniel darius at dons.net.au
Thu Nov 5 07:13:57 UTC 2015

> On 5 Nov 2015, at 16:31, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> So! In the short term, is there any way that during
> installworld/installkernel we can also set CC, etc appropriately?
> Otherwise we're either using the wrong compiler logic/version
> (installkernel) or we're just plain not going to work (installworld.)

Why does installworld/kernel care what the compiler type is?

Or is it just something incidental which gets pulled in that complains because it can't work it out? If so perhaps the easiest way would be to add a flag which turns off compiler detection and set it for install*

If install* _do_ need to know the compiler type then, bleh..

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."