Broken things on MIPS32 - what I'd like help with!

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Mon Nov 2 08:12:33 UTC 2015

On 02.11.2015 09:33, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are a couple of things that are broken on mips32 right now and
> I'm stretched pretty thin for time.
>
> I'd really appreciate it if someone could help by figuring out what's up.
>
> * If I use scp to copy something into a USB rootfs on my Carambola2,
> the whole system hangs. I can use ddb to break into things, but
> nothing obvious has shown up. The only two locks are a buflock and a
> vfslock - but I didn't get any LORs from Witness.

I've found that writing USB mounted async easily hangs or traps the kernel
but I can write whole /boot/modules (over 30MB, lots of files) without
a problem if USB is moused "noasync". That is, no soft-updates, no async
and not "sync" - plain old good default mounting mode. It is slow but much more stable.