Address error trap in ng_netflow on MIPS

Nathan Ward freebsd at daork.net
Mon Apr 20 08:36:22 UTC 2015

On 20 April 2015 at 18:27:31, Adrian Chadd (adrian at freebsd.org(mailto:adrian at freebsd.org)) wrote:

> Hi!

Hey :-)

> The problem is that the frame is unaligned and MIPS doesn't do
> unaligned accesses for you.
>
> So yes, you either replace them with a memcpy of the header into
> aligned memory first, or you modify everything to use macros/inlines
> that treat the data as a char array (1 byte aligned) and do char
> accesses to get to it.

OK, I’ll look in to this, memory alignment isn’t something I know intuitively, so, reading time.

Any insight in to why this only happens when trying to transmit a DHCP reply packet? This is quite odd to me, given other packets I’ve tried work fine, and a DHCP reply is unicast, so is nothing special.

--
Nathan Ward