[RFC] Enable use of UserLocal Register (ULRI) if detected (patches)

Stacey Son sson at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 19 18:39:21 UTC 2014

On Feb 19, 2014, at 11:52 AM, Warner Losh <wlosh at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> +/* Register numbers */
> +#define	_V0	2
> +#define	_A1	5
> +#define	_T0	12
> +#define	_RA	31
>
> We already have defines for these registers elsewhere. Any reason why you chose not to use them? Also, is there any ABI difference to be worried about?

Hmm...  I missed these in sys/mips/include/regnum.h for some reason.  :)

> The rest looks generally good, apart from references to git versions that might be difficult to find in the future. Consider moving details inline instead.

That was really just a note to myself that I forgot to remove.

I have refreshed the patch with these changes:

http://people.freebsd.org/~sson/mips/ulri/ulri_kernel.diff

>> The final patch is for qemu system-mode that adds support for the ULRI:
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~sson/mips/ulri/ulri_qemu.diff
>
> Can't say about these...

Qemu, like a lot of MIPS hardware it seems, doesn't support the ULRI.   The above is a just quick hack to qemu to add support as a 'FYI'.   I should maybe clean it up and submit it to the qemu development list.

-stacey.