[RFC] 16K page size for kernel thread stack (patch)

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 18 20:25:06 UTC 2014

Hi!

On 18 February 2014 08:48, Stacey Son <sson at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> For mips64 the current size of 8K is not enough for the kernel thread stack.  For more information, see:

> The following patch increases the size of the kernel thread stack to 16K by using a single 16K sized page.  See the patch at:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sson/mips/kstack/kstack_large_page.diff

Cool! Thanks for that.

I'm glad to see the supported pagesize enumeration code going into the
kernel. What do you think about committing just that bit to begin
with?

This looks like it touches shared code between mips32 and mips64. I'll
spin this up on a mips24k and mips74k (mips32r2) board soon to see if
it boots fine.

Thanks!

-adrian