random MIPS TLB exceptions?

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 16 17:42:36 UTC 2013

I unfortunately didn't save the console log :( I'll make sure I do next
time.

For ref, twas an RSPRO w/ ath wifi hardware. Running a read-only AP image.
No mounted USB disks or normal running system.

It was in the raw xmit code path and the code itself and around it made no
sense from a crash perspective - registers pointed at correct values /
addresses.

A reboot of exactly the same kernel didn't show a problem.

I'll try to reproduce exactly what I did yesterday (which was start it up,
then do some console serial IO whilst doing network IO) But yeah, it's
tricky to track down.

This was less about "this is what the problem is" and more a solicitation
for further information from people who may have seen random crashes and
rebooted..

-adrian