Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite works multi-user with -CURRENT.

Milan Obuch freebsd-mips at dino.sk
Mon May 20 15:46:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, 20 May 2013 09:33:31 -0600, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> On May 20, 2013, at 9:29 AM, Milan Obuch wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 20 May 2013 16:13:18 +0100, Joe Holden <lists at rewt.org.uk>
> > wrote:

[ snip ]

> >> I haven't seen that, but as a buildworld+kernel takes a couple of
> >> days I'm a week or so behind (I know I know, cross building, but
> >> still)
> >>

> > Well, I use both cross building and native building. My devices are
> > not the top in speed scale, so both building moethods are usable
> > for me. Native building is kind of stability benchmark for me...
> > Anyway, sometimes I am a bit behind, too.
>
> I'm surprised you said a week. Buildworld for me is 8 hours, and a
> kernel build without modules is on the order of 2-4 (I haven't kept
> as close a track of that). But this is on my eval board with a 6-core
> 600MHz processor.
>
> Warner

In my case, I have dual core Cavium, should be 600 MHz too, but this is
not in dmesg output (or maybe it's 500 MHz, in sysctl there is

hw.model: CN5020p1.1-500-SCP

line). But as it is currently with WITNESS option, performance is
degraded a bit I think.

Anyway, I am not a week behind actual source tree as Joe said - maybe
he is not able to update more often than that. I will try full
buildworld/buildkernel native on EdgeRouter Lite and report that.

Regards,
Milan