heads-up: seeing weird issues on ar71xx board(s) now and if_arge

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Mon Jan 14 08:09:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've recently updated to -HEAD and am testing code on the AP96
reference board (ar71xx.)

Now, before I left on holiday (~ mid december) things were fine.

Now, I'm seeing this when doing iperf TCP testing beween wifi <->
ethernet connected hosts.

bridge0: Ethernet address: 76:07:0b:84:7e:19
arge0: discard frame w/o packet header
arge0: discard frame w/o packet header

.. and eventually I'll get a crash deep in the ath(4) driver.

Same code on i386 - no crashes.

I'll try to find some time this week to dig through and figure out
what broke. But this is a heads up - I'd appreciate it if others could
test out AR71xx support on current -HEAD and see if they see the same
issues.

Thanks,

Adrian