Help: Reg Out of swap space

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Tue Dec 18 07:02:48 UTC 2012

i386 would suffer if it ran on say, 64 or 128mb ram.

I don't think it's a tier X question, I think it's a "hey, everything
has ${LOTS} of real RAM, let's make the allocator assume that!" design
from Jason.

Which is fine for the systems Jason is running on, but not for other situations.

Honestly, I think we should write some patches to jemalloc to
implement a better default set of behaviours (including run-time
configuration tweaks to set default parameters like arena sizes, etc)
and hand that off to Jason to push into his next install of jemalloc.

Thanks,

Adrian