Adding board IDs to sys/contrib/octeon-sdk/cvmx-app-init.h

Andrew Duane aduane at juniper.net
Wed Sep 7 19:39:23 UTC 2011

I know this is a Cavium maintained file, there's even a comment inside that says:

    /* Set aside a range for customer boards.  These numbers are managed
     ** by Cavium.
     */

Is there a protocol for adding new board IDs? And, would it be a real problem if the board IDs were not between CVMX_BOARD_TYPE_CUST_PRIVATE_MIN and CVMX_BOARD_TYPE_CUST_PRIVATE_MAX? I'm trying to sort out some code additions to define our private boards, and they already have hardware IDs assigned and burned into them that are in the range of 1300 to 1600 or so.

I guess I could read the hardware IDs and add CVMX_BOARD_TYPE_CUST_PRIVATE_MIN as an offset, is that a reasonable approach?

As a related question, is there a protocol for managing kernel configuration files that belong to a private platform?

Andrew Duane
Juniper Networks
o   +1 978 589 0551
m  +1 603-770-7088