TP link MR3220 status, boot from flash via u-boot question

Milan Obuch freebsd-mips at dino.sk
Thu Mar 31 12:26:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 18:39:36 +0800, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got freebsd working on the WR-1043ND which is a tplink 11n
> router w/ uboot. I'll go find my notes and put them online, along
> with a config file and whatever else is needed.

Hi,
I am watching freebsd-wifi-build on googlecode and just noticed new
config there... Is your 11n wifi already working too? I would be glad
to compare your results with mine, so we could unify our efforts. Right
now, kernel load from flash in u-boot is a show stopper for me, so if
you could address this one first, it would help me really much.

> I'll have to commit a dirty hack to the kernel config to let users
> set the flash address to yank the ethernet MAC address from. Ew.

I've got most of my patches from Luiz (loos), maybe you are in contact
already... I use already the same MAC as other firmwares do.

Regards,
Milan