Support for 64bit userspace.

Juli Mallett jmallett at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 29 08:19:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 01:15, Jayachandran C. <c.jayachandran at gmail.com> wrote:
> I kept the 32 bit pmap.c code untouched so that I don't have to deal with
> the breakage there during the early 64bit changes.
> I will check in the other changes now, and will do another round of work on
> pmap.c/pmap64.c to see if it can be merged (and eliminate the config
> option).

Hmm, hopefully the changes will be well-isolated and any abstractions
will be right for 32-bit and 64-bit both.  One of the problems with
two files is that when they are merged, which it sounds like you think
is inevitable, we lose the change history for that file.  And if
they're in the same file, you don't need an option, just __mips_n64.