svn commit: r210460 - head/sys/mips/include

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Jul 25 11:30:51 UTC 2010

In message: <AANLkTik+BV6u6fNVX8Ntb-G1yF=vEDh6VqB7Xcb5VtD- at mail.gmail.com>
            "Jayachandran C." <c.jayachandran at gmail.com> writes:
: On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Alan Cox <alc at cs.rice.edu> wrote:
: > Warner Losh wrote:
: >>
: >> Author: imp
: >> Date: Sun Jul 25 04:19:05 2010
: >> New Revision: 210460
: >> URL: http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/210460
: >>
: >> Log:
: >>  Get N64 building by defining VM_FREELIST_DIRECT to be
: >>  VM_FREELIST_DEFAULT.  I believe this is correct, since KX is set in
: >>  n64, and thus all RAM can be direct mapped.
:
: Thanks, this is something I missed in my MIPS page table changes.
:
: >
: > Yes, it is.
:
: In MIPS 64bit, whole physical memory is direct mapped thru a XKPHYS
: region. We can use vm_page_alloc() for pmap_alloc_pte_page() and
: VM_WAIT for pmap_grow_pte_page_cache(), is this something we should
: consider?

Likely.  Any idea what kind of performance difference this would buy
us?

Warner