Yeeloong status report

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Jul 20 19:50:20 UTC 2010

In message: <4C45F55F.5000507 at gmail.com>
            Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <phcoder at gmail.com> writes:
: Hello. Thanks to help from my mentor I was able to buildworld for
: yeeloong.

Cool!

: The current problem is that for some obscure reason I'm
: figuring out no 32-bit imgact was compiled. So no it fails with error 8
: on launching init.

8 is ENOEXEC or exec format error...

: On bright side now it communicates with bootloader
: and so detects 256 Mib of memory (using whole 1GiB is another problem
: due to architecture).

Cool!  There's code in the octeon port to deal with memory above
512MB.  Is this memory just mapped in an odd location, or is there
some other reason...

: AT keyboard attaches but has problems due to
: interrupt routing.

Those are always fun :)

: I'm currently trying to figure out imgact and how to
: use genfb with my sm712 driver. Next steps will be figuring out the
: cache problems and writing more device drivers

I'll be around on IRC if you nee me :)

Warner