Yeeloong status reports

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 19:39:18 UTC 2010

Hello. I've just resynced p4 with bzr. Now "mountroot>" is always
reached and PCI is working. In particular USB controller, so I see my
stick on mountroot prompt. Yeeloong has 2 USB controllers: one on PCI
and another on Geode. The one on Geode isn't functional yet. So be sure
to put your stick into right far port (2 others are on Geode).
Unfortunately it works only when full USB debug messages are enabled.
I'll investigate. My first guess is that timeouts or delays have to be
longer or I messed up timer config. Another problem is that I for now
disabled cache altogether since it was causing problems (perhaps virtual
aliasing in unhandled L2 cache). Next goals & problems (not necessarily
in this order):
1) USB debug problem
2) Try to boot into userspace
3) Check which devices still don't work
4) Local console.
5) Better integration with bootloader (aka hardcode elimination)
6) Cache problem
7) support more than 256M RAM

--
Regards