xz in base system trouble on MIPS

Milan Obuch freebsd-mips at dino.sk
Sun Dec 5 22:10:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am trying to test various system parts and ports building on my RSPRO. There
is a problem with xz as compiled with base system - trying to build misc/mc
gives 'unknown file format' error on /usr/ports/distfiles/mc-4.7.4.tar.lzma
tarball. After commenting out IGNORE line in archive/xz Makefile, compilling,
installing the port and 'cp /usr/local/bin/xz /usr/bin/xz' this error is gone.

What could be root cause of this? As both base system and ports xz is version
5.0, I think there must be some error in base system integration or some
tweaking is not done...

Regards,
Milan