Has the mips branch code been merged into the head main-line?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Aug 24 16:03:40 UTC 2010

In message: <AANLkTi=AWSdvBcwFEDiwCFX=ohOsXwBG5DDBYwNb+Q=W at mail.gmail.com>
            "S.W Arron" <swarron at gmail.com> writes:
: Hi, Oleksandr
:
: It seems that the mips branch is removed from the base/projects/mips in the
: svn repository, and i can't "svn update" to update the mips code. But "svn
: diff" is still ok, very strange. It is appreciated if some help can be
: provided.
:
: Since 8.0 there is mips directory in sys/, not sure the mips branch code has
: already been merged into the mainline. Can you help confirm it or give some
: instruction where to get the latest version for freebsd-mips? Thanks a lot!

The mips code has been merged to the mainline.  projects/mips has been
svn deleted since we've collapsed it all into head.  Juli Mallet does
have a Cavium Octeon branch, but I believe almost all the changes (and
all the important ones) have been merged.  FreeBSD 8.x has some mips
code, but the mips code in -current is much better.  There's talk
about merging it back to 8, but that's a lot of work that nobody has
had time to do so far.

Warner