HEADSUP : n64 changes in HEAD.
c.jayachandran at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 14:22:33 UTC 2010
I have checked the n64 changes into HEAD. The changes areto add 3 level
page tables for n64 compilation. Juli's work (from octeon branch) had added
most of kernel and userspace code for n64, other than the page table code,
so this is just one of the last pieces of the whole effort. I have already
checked in fixes to many user/kernel components for n64 during the past
I have tried quite a bit to make sure that the new 32 bit code in pmap.c is
completely equivalent to the earlier code. If you see any regressions in
the o32 compilation, please let me know.
To try out 64 bit, the environment and commands are:
make buildworld -DWITHOUT_CDDL -DWITHOUT_USB -DWITHOUT_BLUETOOTH
The n64 kernel and userspace comes up in multi-user, and is pretty stable.
There is still some work to do:
- SMP is still untested
- PTE entries are still 32 bit, physmem >4GB is not yet supported
- ddb does not fully work yet
- thread libraries are not tested yet.
- page table page allocation code needs to be updated to use XKPHYS.
- buildworld still has some components (see -D above) which does not
- code for 32 bit compatibility is still not there, so only n64 executables
run on n64 kernel.
But other than this, if you come across any crash or failure in n64 please
let me know.
More information about the freebsd-mips