FreeBSD/mips booting on Sibyte 1250

Oleksandr Tymoshenko gonzo at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 26 22:05:37 UTC 2009

Neelkanth Natu wrote:
> Hi Warner,
>
> I have attached the diffs against -current at revision 194280.
>
> There are some changes in the diff that are unrelated to the sibyte
> work and probably should be committed separately.
>
> I can provide more information about changes to specific files if necessary.
     Thanks for contribution. I'm trying to make platform-independent
part of mips/ tree and userland stable and once it's done more time
will be available for adding new platforms (I hope it will be soon
enough) :)
     Meanwhile I'd appreciate if you test attached patch for busdma
with your hardware. This implementation has been shamelessly ripped
from arm code tree and should handle alignment/boundaries limitations
properly. If possible, test with several DMA-enabled devices working
simultaneously. Thanks.

Patch: http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/busdma.diff