FreeBSD on RMI

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Nov 15 14:32:46 PST 2008

In message: <491F39F7.7010401 at bluezbox.com>
            Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo at bluezbox.com> writes:
: alan yang wrote:
: > Hi, All,
: >
: > Wonder any work / progress towards porting of FreeBSD on RMI chip.  If
: > is, can people provide some pointers on the build environment and
: > target XLR chip.
:      As far as I know none of FreeBSD/MIPS developers has access to the
: hardware, hence there is no port for RMI.

Actually, some of the FreeBSD/mips developers do have access to the
RMI chipset.  The problem is that the NDA required to use the RMI
documentation makes it impossible to release the code to support
it...  I don't have such hardware, but I know that those that do tell
me this...

Warner