Starting to test/develop on mips

Oleksandr Tymoshenko gonzo at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 29 11:41:34 UTC 2008

Tom Judge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Firstly I would like to say thank you to everyone who has contributing
> to getting FreeBSD running on MIPS systems.
>
> I was thinking of buying either a WRT54G or WRT54GS to develop and test
> on.  Is is possible to boot FreeBSD on either of these devices? (It
> seemed like it was indicated that this should work now/soon on the
> FreeBSD wiki page).
     Not sure. Sentry5 support is outdated for a while. I have WRT54G myself,
though haven't hacked it yet :)

> Is there any other information that I need to start developing for MIPS?
     Major part of mips sources has not been merged in main tree yet, but merging
process is progressing and soon we'll have mips support out of CVS. Meanwhile
all sources are in P4 tree. If you'd like to start right away - I can provide
snapshot of repo for you.

--
gonzo