SNI RM 300

Ralf Baechle ralf at linux-mips.org
Mon Jun 28 09:09:15 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 01:04:55PM +0200, Arek Czereszewski wrote:

> I have old machine Siememns Nixdorf RM 300
> R4400 CPU (it's big endian).
> It's posible to run Fbsd on this machine?
> I try boot and install netbsd, Debian-Mips, Gentoo-mips.
> Nothing work on this machine.

The Linux 2.6 kernel works on the RM200 C, that's the variant with EISA
and PCI slots.  If you dare you may take that code as a rough guide for
FreeBSD porting.  The RM300 C is very similar.  I have no information
about architectural differences to other systems of the RM family and
due to hardware flakyness I'm probably not going to be able to maintain
the RM200 C port much longer.

  Ralf