Systems Administrator - Greater Philadelphia Area
jobs-freebsd-20080915 at biglist.com
Mon Sep 15 19:18:53 UTC 2008
FreeBSD Systems Administrator - Greater Philadelphia Area
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Established in 1996, BIGLIST provides email list management and
delivery services to businesses worldwide.
We have a great sysadmin job here in Media, PA, which is 15-20
minutes from Philadelphia, with easy access to major highways like
I-95 and the Blue Route (476). You'll work in our downtown Media
office with smart peers, modern desks, new workstations, great
light, and a room designed by an actual architect.
We can use a sharp, motivated junior/mid-level sysadmin meeting a
subset of the requirements below, or an experienced FreeBSD guru.
The more you know, the more work you'll get done (and the more we'll
pay you). Your work will have a direct impact on the growth of our
business, and because everyone wears many hats, there's even the
opportunity to do serious programming.
- Install, configure, and optimize core servers and software.
- System design and planning.
- Monitor system stability and performance.
- Ensure 24x7 operation.
- Interact with clients.
- B.A. or B.S.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and critical thinking ability.
- Experience with high-performance systems tuning, particularly MTAs and databases.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of rackmount hardware.
- Knowledge of common software packages like DNS, Apache, NFS, cvs, mrtg, nagios.
- Programming/scripting ability for systems administrators (sh, perl).
- Ability to read higher level perl, php.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
*** Please provide an ASCII, HTML or PDF version of your resume with cover letter. ***
Feel free to forward this posting to others you think might be interested.
More information about the freebsd-jobs