FreeBSD release engineer wanted
nick.kirsch at isilon.com
Mon Aug 14 17:48:47 UTC 2006
We're looking for a capable FreeBSD release/build engineer to be the
principle build system architect and maintainer for our FreeBSD-based
Here's the desired position attributes:
- Must be experienced with source control systems (preferably CVS and
- Must be experienced with Makefiles (preferably pmake and FreeBSD)
- 5+ years development experience in UNIX
- Must be comfortable with C
- Must be comfortable with scripting languages (preferably Python)
- Must be comfortable with UNIX systems administration.
- Must be able to work through complicated problems, produce a detailed
solution and schedule, and execute on that solution within the schedule.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
Some job description tidbits:
In the short-term (next 30-60 days) this individual will need to come up
to speed on our make and build systems (which are a series of Makefiles,
UNIX shell scripts, and Python scripts), diagnose any issues which may
arise, and ensure that our on-demand and nightly build system is able to
continue to operate. This build system is currently functioning today,
but is a complicated system that requires maintenance. While the build
system is working properly, we have a few minor (but sophisticated)
enhancements we'd like to see - such as a basic queuing mechanism for
In the longer-term, we have some complicated and exciting projects -
conversion to Subversion, build/Bugzilla/Subversion integration, BVT/QA
regression suites, modifying the FreeBSD make system to have true
This position is available immediately in contract form, and also as
full-time - in Seattle, WA. Initially this is a solo position but will
grow to at least two heads early next year.
Please feel free to contact me directly about this.
Nicholas M. Kirsch | Engineering Manager
Isilon Systems P +1-206-315-7500 F +1-206-315-7485
www.isilon.com D +1-206-315-7555 M +1-206-779-8792
The Leader in Clustered Storage
More information about the freebsd-jobs