FreeBSD + Linux Admin - Ashburn, VA
jkuri at chaffee.com
Fri Jun 24 16:59:34 GMT 2005
We are looking for an SysAdmin familiar
with FreeBSD and Linux to work in our
Ashburn Data Center. This is a fulltime
position - part work from home - part
work in the data center in Ashburn, VA,
but you must be within 30 minutes of
ashburn to deal with urgent maintenance
The job description is below - Please
contact me at jkuri at chaffee.com with
resumes or questions.
Director of Technology
---- job description ----
As part of the Systems Engineering team,
the Systems Administrator will be
responsible for maintaining all servers
and services in our Ashburn, VA data
center. This involves the following:
* Server hardware / OS and application
installation and maintenance.
* Diagnosing and correcting network and
application problems involving FreeBSD
and Linux servers, as well as other
* Performing backups and restores of
* System and service performance
analysis and tuning.
* Communicating with Internal and
External clients regarding systems
* Maintenance of data-center network
including switch and server
configuration, wiring, and network
* Configure, maintain and support our
Java and Perl based web-application
servers and applications.
* Maintain security of data center
network, servers and services.
* Developing new software and OS
configurations for new initiatives and
* Documentation of configurations and
* Database server setup and performance
monitoring and tuning
* On-call duties for after-hours system
maintenance /emergency troubleshooting.
* Other systems-related duties as
indicated by management.
The ideal candidate should possess the
* Strong inter-personal and
communication skills; capable of
assisting users with applications and
and writing basic documentation.
* Must be comfortable with all aspects
of UNIX systems administration; should
be familiar with IPC, devices,
filesystem concepts ("inode",
* Must be able to write scripts in some
administrative language, Perl, sh, etc.
* Must be familiar with maintaining web
and application servers such as apache,
weblogic or jboss.
* Must be familiar with TCP/IP
networking, including server
configuration, LAN configuraions, static
* Must be familiar with network
diagnostic tools such as: ping,
traceroute, tcpdump, trafshow, nmap, etc.
* Must be familiar with IP firewalling
* FreeBSD, Linux, Cisco switches, Load
Balancers (Foundry preferred)
* MySQL, Apache, DNS, Shell Scripting,
NFS, TCP/IP, SSH, Rsync
+ Perl Scripting
+ Experience with Java application
servers (Weblogic / JBoss)
+ Arkeia backup system
+ Advanced Unix Concepts:
paging/swapping, modules, SMP, threads, etc.
More information about the freebsd-jobs