Running a Java application on the host in a browser

Horst Leitenmüller horst.leitenmueller at liwest.at
Fri Sep 23 07:36:06 UTC 2016

hi,

depending on your needs if the client is whatever firefox / request via json / … or a fat client real Swing application
and server is a web service base solution or RMI then you can run the server without X11 just a few libraries are needed
tomcat is normally for web requests via http therefore you would not need the X11 only the libraries

how do you start the client app ?
is it a standalone ?  (= Swing client)
is the access via http browser ?

 for me it sounds like a fat client, then you have not the chance to run it on the host…

but explain a little bit more, perhaps i can help you

br horst