Difference between openjdk and linux-sun-java

Ronald Klop ronald-lists at klop.ws
Tue Apr 22 09:25:10 UTC 2014

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 20:47:52 +0200, Juris Kaminskis
<juris.kaminskis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have $ java -version
> openjdk version "1.6.0_32"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_32-b30)
>
> and
>
> $ /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.7.0/bin/java -version
> java version "1.7.0_51"
> Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)
>
> When I run my compiled class with openjdk I get:
>
> 21:43:47,348 ERROR [I]
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.jcp.xml.dsig.internal.dom.Utils.getBoolean(Utils.java:114)
> at org.jcp.xml.dsig.internal.dom.Utils.secureValidation(Utils.java:110)
>
> but when I run with linux-sun-java version no error is generated. I
> understood that it is related to Interface XMLCryptoContext, but how can
> pinpoint the difference to trace why openjdk is not working for me on
> freebsd?
>
> thanks for any hints
> Juris

Quite a hard question for people to answer without any example code which
people can use to replay your issue.

According to some on-line docs there is no secureValidation() or
getBoolean() method in that Utils class:
http://www.docjar.com/html/api/org/jcp/xml/dsig/internal/dom/Utils.java.html

So I can't comment on your issue without more information. My advice would
be to download the source of the org.jcp...bla package you are using
(maybe it is inside the jdk, I don't know from your information and don't
the time to look it up for you) and look at the mentioned line numbers
what is happening so it generates a NPE.

Regards,
Ronald.