Java on ARM processor?

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Mon Oct 31 22:53:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 03:26:41 +0200, Dmitry Samersoff <dms at samersoff.net>
wrote:

> On 2011-10-25 18:57, Greg Lewis wrote:
>> As always, the biggest problem is going to be bootstrapping.  Since
>> there
>> isn't an existing FreeBSD/arm binary of openjdk7 you'll need to work
>> around
>> that.  There are a variety of ways you could tackle that.  The most
>> common
>> is to set up an NFS mount with an i386 or amd64 machine and remotely
>> execute
>> all of the java bootstrap steps while the C/C++ compilation occurs
>> locally.
>
> I guess setup gcc cross-compilation on x86 box is much easier.
>
> -Dmitry

Hi,

I am looking into this and I am afraid I am not seeing it right. How do I
get a compiler running on amd64, but compiling for ARM? The stock FreeBSD
gcc doesn't do this and I don't see a port which would do this except
gnatdroid-armv5 which is specifically for android.
Where is a 'regular' armv5-gcc version?

Ronald.