Update devel/jdk16 to 6u23b05 (or later)?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 25 18:06:23 UTC 2011

Hello, Freebsd-java.

  Is it possible? Maybe, it is WIP? Any plans for this?

  If here is no any plans for this, I could try to make this upgrade
 by myself (I'm familiar with JDK build process and sources
 structure), but here is one big problem: BSD patch.

  Now BSD patch is real-true-good-old patch: all files in `bsd/'
subdirs are created by it from scratches. It is almost impossible
to upgrade HotSpot (merge changes between two JDK versions into `bsd'
tree).

 I'm sure, that all files in `bsd' subdirs start their lifes as
Solaris or Linux ones, so changes could be merged more easily.

 Is it possible to get this patch in form "copy files from solaris or
linux and then patch them for BSD" form? If yes, I could try to
migrate ourr patchest to latest JRL-based sources, which seems to be

 http://download.java.net/jdk6/6u23/promoted/b05/

  (Or I could not find u29 on new site and it is exists as JRL-based sources?)

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>