IcedTea Problems

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Mon Nov 28 08:14:36 UTC 2011

Στις Saturday 26 November 2011 15:43:49 ο/η pfxo έγραψε:
> Hi
>
> I have tried to install icedtea-web like in FreeBSD handbook described.
> But, after installation with "portmaster java/icedtea-web" I cannot find
> any IcedTeaPlugin.so file. Also not in /usr/ports/java/icedtea-web after
> "make". Why the port don't build them? I have just the file
> "libjavaplugin_oji.so" but the other is missing.

Do these:
pkg_info | grep -i icedtea
take a note of the exact package, e.g.  icedtea-web-1.1)
then find all files owned by the package:
pkg_info -L icedtea-web-1.1 | less
find the lib, ( /usr/local/lib/IcedTeaPlugin.so)
locate it in your system:
locate  IcedTeaPlugin.so

in my system it found :
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/symlinks/gecko18/IcedTeaPlugin.so
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/symlinks/gecko19/IcedTeaPlugin.so
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/symlinks/opera/IcedTeaPlugin.so
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/symlinks/opera-devel/IcedTeaPlugin.so
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/symlinks/webkit-gtk2/IcedTeaPlugin.so

i guess the gecko symlinks are for firefox (someone correct me if i am wrong)

So normally the browser should look into some of the above locations and find the icedtea lib.

My firefox 5.0 about:plugins gives:

IcedTea-Web Plugin (using IcedTea-Web 1.1)

    File: IcedTeaPlugin.so
    Version:
    The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes
application/x-java-vm 	IcedTea 	class,jar
application/x-java-applet 	IcedTea 	class,jar
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1 	IcedTea 	class,jar
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1 	IcedTea 	class,jar

> Regards
> pfxo

Achilleas Mantzios