icedtea-web plugin as a separate port

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 16 07:31:48 UTC 2011

I wonder why we build icedtea-web plugin as a part of java/openjdk* the way we
do now.  I think that perhaps it would be nicer to build it a separate port.
post-build WITH_WEB looks really non-transparent.

Here's what I did to build the latest version icedtea-web from hg:
- hg clone http://icedtea.classpath.org/hg/icedtea-web
- env INSTALL=ginstall MAKE=gmake ./configure
--with-jdk-home=/usr/local/openjdk6 --prefix=/usr/local/openjdk6/jre
--with-rhino=/usr/local/share/java/rhino/rhino.jar
--with-junit=/usr/local/share/java/classes/junit.jar
  [junit, rhino (lang/rhino) and openjdk ports have to be installed obviously]
- gmake
- gmake install

It worked/works for me.

P.S. I think that rhino port should install its jar into
${PREFIX}/share/java/classes as other ports do.

--
Andriy Gapon